Category Archives: Fashion Capital
As a beauty writer I get to see and hear about a lot of new products…daily. Whilst my passion never wains for the new, it can sometimes seem that there are a lot of products doing similar things. So I particularly love it when new innovations or novel concepts turn up on my desk – I admire the industry for their creativity and solution-solving designs, and importantly for adding fun, simplicity or even a challenge to our usual routines!
Here are some products which have caught my eye recently :
1. Too Faced Mood Swing, £12
What’s special? Intuitive lipgloss. Happy, angry, emotional or excited..your lips tell it all with a gloss that changes colour according to your mood…start the day with calm pink lips and leave the office in a deep fuchsia funk!!
Available at larger Boots stores
2. Cargo Plantlove, £11.74
What’s special? First ever 100% compostable lipstick tube (it’s made entirely from corn). The lipstick formula inside is also environmentally friendly as it contains no mineral oils or petroleum. It’s so pretty too!!
Available from selected Sainsbury’s stores
3. Piz Buin, Self Tanning Lotion + Colour Dial, £17.99
What’s special? Customized colour. A nifty twisty bottle lets you choose how low you want to glow – some days you may want a subtle radiance and others a nut-coloured Amazonian hue. This is especially perfect for fair skin types who find many self-tanners uncomplimentary for their skin tone.
0845 601 5789
4. Lancaster Morning and Evening Bronze Toner – Face, £16
What’s special? A toner with self-tan! Tone your face with this product after cleansing and build up a lovely glow – it sounds so easy.
0800 376 0688
5. Rodial Skinny Beach range – Skinny Beach SPF15, £39 Skinny Beach Sticks, £49
What’s special? Rodial always bring out the coolest products – and the Skinny Beach range is a perfect example. The SPF15 cream has everything you could possibly want from a suncream – lifting, toning, cellulite reducing…the list goes on. Peptides also boost your natural tanning ability meaning a deeper, faster and longer-lasting tan. To further the quest to a hot body the Skinny Beach Sticks are also a must. These sachets of powder – when diluted with water- will infiltrate your system with good-for-you nutrients, melanin boosting ingredients and green tea to encourage fat melting. Yes please to all!
6. Wilkinson Sword Quattro for Women Bikini, £8.99
What’s special? All the close shave of the Quattro razor with the added benefit of a trimmer to create a well styled, fuzz free area down there! It’s really well priced too, and if you’re thinking of giving up waxes to save money, this is certainly a good replacement.
7. Bionova, from £29
What’s special? A completely unique approach to skincare. Bionova are all about ‘hyper real’ ingredients – that is, substances which occur naturally in the human body such as vitamins, lipids and peptides. According to the company, these ingredients are easily assimilated by the body and will trigger damaged cells to self-heal and become healthy – which means goodbye to wrinkles and other skin concerns such as dry skin and rosacea. Interestingly, natural ingredients such as fruit, botanicals and herbal extracts are not considered skin-friendly since they do not exist in the body and may actually cause damage in the long term.
Available from Peter Jones and http://www.bionovalab.uk.com
Bye Bye winter here comes Spring! Celebrate sunny days and blossom in the trees with these pretty new products.
1. DKNY Fresh Blossom Shower Gel, £19.57 A body wash with a luscious scent of fruit and flowers – sure to put a spring in your step.
Stockists : 0870 0342566
2. Bobbi Brown Platinum Pink Shimmer Brick, £29.36 This newest version of the always lust-have Shimmer Bricks comes in pinks and highlighting shimmers – to add light and prettiness to your skin.
3. Elizabeth Arden Pretty Body Powder with Puff, £20 The ultimate in girly girliness – a pink powder puff and all over body powder infused with the heavenly new Pretty scent.
4. Revlon Matte Lipstick in Pink Pout, £7.29 Matt lip colour which leaves a smooth and velvety finish. This pale pink colour is perfect for now.
Stockists : 0800 0852716
5. The Body Shop Vitamin E Facial Oil, £15 Give your skin an extra boost with this pre-moisturiser treatment. The quickly absorbed oil nourishes, protects and adds a healthy suppleness to dry skin.
SOME OTHER PRODUCTS TO KNOW ABOUT…..
Star Product Alert * Eucerin Dry Skin Intensive Foot Cream, £10.65
For instantly improved dry or cracked heels please try this product. After many years of trying and being disappointed with overly confident foot products, this deeply penetrating cream really makes a difference. And what’s great is that you see results after only one application.
Credit Crunch Champ * Maybelline Dream Satin Liquid foundation, £7.99
A great make up choice, credit crunch or not. The texture is super light and easy to apply – the effect is smooth and natural. There’s also a good colour range to choose from.